Supatra Baisri, a 30-year-old man from Thailand, was passing through a man-made property when he heard high-pitched cries coming from an isolated location. As he followed the sounds, he was shocked to discover a female dog helplessly stuck in molten rubberized asphalt.
The dog’s body was submerged in the thick slush, rendering her completely immobile. She had barely managed to poke her mouth out of the poisonous mixture to breathe. Supatra attempted to help the dog out using a stick, but she was too far out and ruthlessly sealed in that death trap.
Supatra called the emergency services in a hopeless attempt to save her life. The rescuers rushed to the scene and used an excavator to load the dog out along with the navigator settled around her. The poor creature’s rapid, inconsistent breathing and traumatized skin were tell-tale signs of her critical condition.
Realizing the gravity of the situation, the staff attended to the dog immediately after the rescue. They precisely used benzene canvas on the dog for the next two hours to remove the solidified rubber and prevent further skin damage.
Thanks to the collaborative effort of so many people, the dog, now named Mali, is safe and recovering well. However, her suffering could have been prevented if the molten waste (resulting from street maintenance) had been disposed of responsibly instead of being dumped in an area known to be frequented by stray pets.
The incident highlights the need for responsible waste management and pet ownership. People should be mindful of the impact of their actions on the environment and the animals that inhabit it. Stray animals deserve care and protection, just like any other living being. Mali’s rescue serves as a reminder that small acts of kindness can make a huge difference in the world.